Many nights, I lay staring into space. I play on my iPhone to pass time. I toss, and I turn. I even walk to and fro the front of the house to the back of the house, counting sheep (not really but you get the point).
I literally want to scream, “Sleep…where art thou?!”
Lately, I have found it quite difficult to just FALL ASLEEP at the most desired time, night time! It’s odd to me because throughout the day I am extremely tired. In fact, I am so tired throughout the day that I literally countdown the minutes until I can just hit the pillow and drift off into an unknown land. However, that doesn’t happen so easily. For many reasons, my brain won’t shut down. I’ll list a few:
the things I have to do the next day
appointments and activities that tie up each hour of my day
what I will cook for dinner (or which restaurant I can attack)
what I will wear each day
The list goes on and on. But guess what? I have been introduced to a new little friend. From previous posts, you know I take pride in my “friends”. Well, let me introduce you to my new friend… LAVENDER!!! My God. I’ve always known of the many lotions and candles sold with lavender as an ingredient. But, my whole perspective changed when I was introduced to Lavender Essential Oils. Let me introduce you to my new friend as well. Maybe it can help you the way it has helped me.
Lavender Essential Oil Uses
- Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
- Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
- Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to banish stale odors.
As always, my one and only goal is to get through this life, one breath at a time and a peaceful night’s sleep allows me to do just that and…JUST BREATHE.
Have you tried essential oils? If so, what’s your favorite? Please share!
Before you go, don’t take my word for it. Here’s proof of how lavender helped my beautiful baby boy. Look how sound asleep he is! We’re working on getting him to sleep in his own bed next.